To effectively treat acne-prone skin, Obagi recommends using both salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide as part of a complete and balanced acne treatment regimen. This has shown to be highly effective, with benzoyl peroxide actively targeting bacteria, while salicylic acid gently exfoliates.
Science & Innovation
With a 30-year legacy of science and innovation, Obagi has led transformative research that has met the needs of every skin tone and type. We believe skin care is more than “correcting” or even “preventing,” it’s about unleashing your skin’s full potential. That’s why at Obagi we create inclusive products that support the diversity we all bring to the table. It’s about developing scientifically backed, clinical-quality formulations to promote healthy, future-facing skin.
Need to Know
Because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor. If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. For external use only.
Before, Meet After
Helps control acne and prevent breakouts for healthier-looking skin
A single-center, open-label study to evaluate the tolerability and efficacy of the optimized CLENZIderm M.D. System for the treatment of mild to moderate facial acne vulgaris.
Obagi Cosmeceuticals LLC. Data on file.
Salicylic acid helps to reduce surface sebum levels and unclog pores.
How to Use
- Dispense a nickel-size amount of cleanser and massage over your entire face using warm water
- Rinse skin thoroughly and pat dry
- Wait 10 to 15 minutes to allow your skin to dry completely before applying other products
- Because this product may dry your skin, start with 1 cleansing daily, then gradually increase to 2 or 3 times daily if needed or as directed by your doctor
- If dryness or peeling becomes excessive or bothersome, reduce cleansing to once a day or every other day
- Try to avoid unnecessary sun exposure; if going outside, apply a sunscreen.
- Always be sure to consult with your dermatologist or skin care specialist before starting salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide as an acne treatment. They will be able to ensure you use the right protocol and frequency of use, based on your skin, to help prevent or reduce side effects that could include peeling, dryness, or redness if used incorrectly.
- Keep out of direct sunlight.
- Store at controlled room temperature 15°−25°C (59°−77°F).