To achieve the best results, follow the below guidelines after your semi-permanent makeup procedure.
It is normal for the area to be slightly tender, itchy and appear darker for a few days as the skin develops a thin scab. Scabs will begin peeling 4 – 7 days after your procedure. When the scabs fall off, your semi-permanent makeup may appear lighter than you expect. Don’t worry, it will darken to your customized colour as your skin finishes healing. And if this is your initial treatment, then a top up will be due in 2 weeks.
- Don’t get the procedure area wet for four days. To avoid this (and still be able to wash your face) we recommend applying saran wrap over your eyebrows, then cover them with waterproof surgical tape. After washing your face, remove and pat dry any water left behind.
- Don’t tweeze or wax your brow area for at least two weeks after your procedure.
- Do use a high-SPF lip balm.
- Water contact is okay.
- Don’t eat spicy and salty foods for a week after your procedure.
- Don’t sleep with the treated area directly on a pillow for two weeks.
- Don’t rub, pick, peel or scratch the treated area, or your pigment could be removed and healing will be uneven.
- Don’t apply lightening products (such as retinoids, alpha hydroxy acids, hydroquinone, etc).
- Don’t apply makeup or any other creams and lotions except your healing ointment until after the area has healed.
- Don’t expose healing skin to direct sun, tanning beds, hot tubs, saunas, pools or direct shower spray for approximately one month after your procedure.
- Do apply A&D (vitamin A and Vitamin D) ointment sparingly, with clean fingers, if the area feels tight and dry (preferably once a day in the morning, but up to 2 – 3 times a day).
- Do use sunblock after the area has healed to prevent fading.
- Do let your doctor or dermatologist know about your cosmetic tattoo before any chemical peels or MRI’s.
- Do take your antibiotic as prescribed.
- Do keep your head elevated at night as you heal.
- Do wait one year after your procedure to donate blood (per Red Cross policy).
- Do contact your doctor if you notice any signs of infection.
House of Beauty Camberley - Top Rated Beauty Salon
Waxing, Nails, Facials, Anti-Wrinkle Injections, Dermal Fillers, Microblading, Microneedling and more!
Tuesday to Saturday 10am – 6pm
Sunday and Monday Closed